Friday, June 13, 2014

First Foodie Review: Growl Juice Pub

Happy Friday the 13th! *ooooo*

It's an absoluuutely perfect day in socal, so I hope you're not recluse-ing (I'm pretty sure that's not a word) in fear of those superstitions!

Today I'm giving my very first food/restaurant/eatery review ever. I had to ask my mom if it was okay to talk about a restaurant or someone's store without their consent lol then she pointed out the fact that people do every day on Yelp!

...I'm still a newbie here. (btw, is there any way to use emoji ?) 
good gosh.

Anyways

This morning me and my friend Cam made our way to Growl Juice Pub in Orange for breakfast.


These juice bar/acai bowl places have become suuuper popular in socal lately...all these California people going for the healthy alternative to ice cream and frozen yogurt.  I'm an avid juice drinker so I love finding these "health nut" places.  I'd say Growl is one of my favorite juice places, but I think a lot of that has to do with the fact their juices are served to you in little glass bottles. :)

There definitely that "all natural" vibe in the place: decor-ed with planetariums on the walls, wooden bar and bar stools, fresh fruit and veggies in display.  Customer service is kind of hit-or-miss: sometimes I come and the cashier is friendly, and others they seem a little cold and uncaring of the customer.  Either way, it really doesn't matter because there are always people in there.  Their products are top notch! They even homemake their own almond and cashew milk in the store (If you ever go, there are boxes at the bottom of the glass refrigerator..ding ding ding!)

I've never tried one of their their acai/pitaya bowls before.  From Nektar and those other places I kind of assumed they're all the same in a sense...except the ones from Growl are HUGE...like HUGE. And to no surprise, it wasn't the expected same.  It was just really good--there's no other way to put it.

I got "The Green Room", which had pitaya(or acai), kale, spinach, pineapple, banana and topped with granola, banana (I opted out), strawberries, coconut shredding, and agave nectar.  Championed the entire bowl, which I don't know if I should be proud or extremely embarrassed of the fact that I can finish a bowl about the size of my head.


NOM coconut


it was a jumble of fresh, crunchy, and smoothie sweet goodness :) You can tell how fresh all the ingredients are, although by the end, I felt as full as I would on like a Thanksgiving dinner..but again that's my uncontrollable love for food speaking.

haha well if you're around Orange you should check it out. AND the Circle..cutest place around! I'll probably mention that sometime around :)

Much love
-Maddi

No comments:

Post a Comment